* Learn and Teach!
* Know the Laws of your water Ways!
* Practice safe smart Boating!
* Research "Dolphin SMART"
-Practice and share the rules
* Obey Manatee Slow Speed Zones
- Propeller & Boat/ Jet ski strikes injure & kill Dolphins & Manatees even at slower speeds
* Never Purposely Pull Dolphins in your Wake
- Wakes create a suction that can pull inexperienced dolphins into the propellers and or separate mothers and babies.
* Never Feed, water or Touch Dolphins or Manatees
- These animals are wild and need to find their own resources. Depending on humans is not a safe behavior to learn. Not all humans have good intentions and some can and will lure to hurt and harm Dolphins & Manatees. If they do not know how to find their own food and water these animals will not know what to do when the humans are not around.
* Never Chase or Encircle Dolphins 7 Manatees (goes for boats and Jet Skis)
- These actions can scare the animals and that can not only stress them out but also make them respond sporadically and dangerously both to you and themselves.
* Never Lure Dolphins with Whistles, Loud Noises, or Dolphin sounds, clapping or screaming.
- Yes some curious Dolphins may respond momentarily to some of these behaviors for a moment, BUT it will still disrupt their natural behaviors and social structures.
- Being able to observe Dolphins with natural behaviors unprovoked by humans you are much more likely to see playful behavior as well as jumps, closer babies and adults and more behaviors such as hunting/fishing, breeding and mothers teaching their calf's.
* Always turn your motors off or put in neutral when around a group of dolphins or manatee.
- Passive observation and quiet is the best chance to see these animals truly being wild and beautiful without human interaction.
** PLEASE REPORT VIOLATIONS TO FLORIDA FISH AND WILDLIFE (FWC) 880-404-3922**